Have you ever been all ready to decorate your Christmas tree only to find that all the light cords were tangled? It can be such a mess when one string of lights is entwined with another one. You can’t help but wonder how you’ll ever get them straightened out. Sometimes, our lives can feel just as messy, particularly when we experience a situation that seems overwhelming, and we have no idea how we can possibly find any solution. Yet it’s in those exact situations that God wants us to invite Him in to help us sort it all out.
The Lord knows how to untangle any trouble you might be facing, no matter how big or confusing it may be. In a recent message at Eagle Mountain International Church, Pastor George Pearsons ministered 3 Ways God Is With You This Christmas. Read more and allow the Lord to come alongside you this Christmas and untangle the challenges you are facing!
1. God Is With You
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” –Isaiah 41:10 (NKJV)
You’ve likely heard that “God is with you” many times before. Whether it was in a church service or from well-meaning friends trying to help when you’ve been going through a difficult time, that phrase can often sound so cliché. However, when we dive into the true meaning of Christmas, and into the birth of our Savior, we find that very statement. In Matthew 1: 23, the Word says, “The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’”
What good news! God is with us. God is with you and with me. Think about the power of that statement and what it means to your life. No matter what is going on in your life, God is with you. If the devil is trying to attack you in your health, finances or relationships, God is with you!
In Isaiah 41:10, God says again, “I am with you.” If you’re feeling forgotten or alone this Christmas, you are not forgotten or alone. Why? Because God is with you.
And since God is with you, so is His miracle-working power. You can expect the miraculous every day, whether it’s supernatural healing, provision or healing in your relationships. As a believer, you are not subject to the collateral damage, sickness and inflation the world is experiencing right now, because God is with you, and He is giving you all the answers and support you need to overcome in every situation.
As you build yourself up in your most holy faith this season, consider repeating these scriptures daily to strengthen your faith:
- Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV): “For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’”
- Joshua 1:5 (NKJV): “As I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.”
- Isaiah 43:1-2: “But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, ‘Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.’”
2. God Is for You
“What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?” –Romans 8:31
Isn’t wonderful to know when someone is for you? To know they are not against you? Isn’t it wonderful to know when someone is not fighting you, but they are cheering you on?
Well, if you belong to God, that describes Him in your life right now. He is for you! And if He is for you, who can be against you? He’s cheering you on!
Romans 8:32 says He freely gives us all things. Are you facing something and needing some of those “all things”? Is it sickness or disease? God is for you! You are the healed. Your healing is an accomplished fact. Isaiah 53:5 promises us that “He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed” (NKJV).
Maybe you’re feeling weighed down by debt. God is for you! Psalm 118:5-6 says, “I called on the LORD in distress; the LORD answered me and set me in a broad place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” (NKJV). That word broad refers to a place where you are no longer squeezed and under pressure. Isn’t that exactly what debt does to you? God is for you and will set you in place where you are no longer constrained and under pressure. The Lord is on your side, so you need not fear.
Maybe you’re in the middle of a court case. The Lord is on your side. Romans 8:33 assures us, “Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies” (NKJV).
Maybe you’re feeling persecuted. God is for you! Romans 8:34 says, “Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us” (NKJV).
Are you feeling far from God? He is with you and for you. Romans 8:38-39 promises us: “Neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (NKJV).
God is so for you that He has promised to give you everything you need—and He’s doing it right now! Supernatural provision, healing, debt cancellation, peace, love and so much more!
This Christmas, meditate on the following scriptures so you can become fully persuaded to the fact that God is for you, all the time:
- Romans 8:28: “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”
- Psalm 56:9 (NASB): “Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call; this I know, that God is for me.”
- Romans 8:37: “No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.”
3. God Is In You
“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.“ –John 14:16-17
Praise God for the Holy Spirit! The Word says in John 14:16-17 that Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to live inside of us and advocate for us—and He is ready to give us answers and wisdom anytime we need them (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 3:16)! While our natural minds have limited understanding, our spirits have a direct line to the One who helped create the universe. Anything we need to know is already at our disposal (Genesis 6:3 ).
For instance, some of us can become overwhelmed during this holiday season. We may have experienced losing someone we love this past year. We may have gone through a big transition. We may be challenged with how to stay within our means. Or, we may simply feel overloaded with things to get done before Christmas Day. Whatever it might be, with the Holy Spirit, we can overcome instead of being overwhelmed in every situation. Psalm 61:2 (NKJV) tells us, “When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”
If you are feeling overwhelmed, lean into the Holy Spirit. Pray in tongues. Talk to the Holy Spirit. Ask Him for help. If you do, He will give you answers. They will rise up out of your spirit and you will know what to do or say in any given situation.
We have been given all the tools we need to live as overcomers in this life. We have been given the Holy Spirit, and there is a supernatural acceleration on the inside of you when you know the Holy Spirit is abiding in you, guiding you, advising you and giving you the answers you need (Ephesians 3:20).
This Christmas, remember to be “God inside me” minded. Then, keep training your spirit to listen to the power of God that’s inside of you by meditating on these scriptures:
- John 15:5 (NKJV): “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”
- 2 Corinthians 6:16 (NKJV): “And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: ‘I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people.’”
- Colossians 1:27 (NKJV): “To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
- 1 John 4:4 (NKJV): “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
- Galatians 2:20: “My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
As you’ve read 3 Ways God Is With You This Christmas, remember that God is with you, God is for you, and God is in you! Not a moment goes by that He is not thinking of you or advocating for you. His miraculous and supernatural power is moving on your behalf right now. What a way to celebrate this Christmas!
© 1997 – 2023 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. All Rights Reserved.