The 64th annual National Day of Prayer, May 7, 2015, will have profound significance for our country. It is an unprecedented opportunity to see the Lord’s healing and renewing power made manifest as we call on citizens to humbly come before His throne.
The theme for 2015 is Lord, Hear Our Cry, emphasizing the need for individuals, corporately and individually, to place their faith in the unfailing character of their Creator, who is sovereign over all governments, authorities, and men. To further highlight the theme, I Kings 8:28 was chosen as the Scripture for this year:
“Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.”
The National Day of Prayer has great significance for us as a nation as it enables us to recall and to teach the way in which our founding fathers sought the wisdom of God when faced with critical decisions. It stands as a call for us to humbly come before God, seeking His guidance for our leaders and His grace upon us as a people. The unanimous passage of the bill establishing the National Day of Prayer as an annual event, signifies that prayer is as important to our nation today as it was in the beginning. The National Day of Prayer belongs to all Americans. It is a day that transcends differences, bringing together citizens from all backgrounds.
What You Can Do:
- Pray for America and all nations. See the National Prayer below, which will be prayed on May 7, 2015 at Noon EST.
- Get involved in an event: http://nationaldayofprayer.org/event-finder/
- Click here to learn how to pray for America, including 30 Ways to Pray for Authority, a family prayer guide, a 52-week prayer guide and much more: http://nationaldayofprayer.org/how-to-pray-for-america/
- Watch the National Observance Thursday, May 7, 2015 at Noon EST LIVE from Washington D.C. GOD TV will broadcast this special event, which will be available to millions of viewers in more than 100 countries around the world. The program will also be broadcast on DirecTV channel 365 and streamed LIVE on nationldayofprayer.org
National Prayer – To be prayed on May 7, 2015 at Noon EST
We come to You in the Name that is above every name—Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Our hearts cry out to You.
Knowing that You are a prayer-answering, faithful God—the One we trust in times like these—we ask that You renew our spirits, revive our churches, and heal our land.
We repent of our sins and ask for Your grace and power to save us. Hear our cry, oh God, and pour out Your Spirit upon us that we may walk in obedience to Your Word.
We are desperate for Your tender mercies. We are broken and humbled before You.
Forgive us, and in the power of Your great love, lift us up to live in Your righteousness.
We pray for our beloved nation. May we repent and return to You and be a light to the nations. And we pray for our leaders and ask that You give them wisdom and faith to follow You.
Preserve and protect us, for You are our refuge and only hope.
Deliver us from all fears except to fear You, and may we courageously stand in the Truth that sets us free.
We pray with expectant faith and grateful hearts.
In Jesus’ name, our Savior.
– 2015 National Prayer by Dr. Jack Graham
To learn more about the National Day of Prayer, visit www.nationaldayofprayer.org
© 1997 – 2023 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. All Rights Reserved.