What does it mean to live by faith? Does it mean we should live every moment of every day in the light of God’s Word, or do we only need to exercise our faith when challenges come? Second Corinthians 5:7 tells us to “walk by faith, not by sight?” But what does that really mean?
In this Ministry Minute video, Terri Copeland Pearsons teaches us what it means to live by faith. She reminds us that in everything we do, we’re to be mindful of the Lord, His Word and His way of doing things.
As children of God, we are called to live by faith every day and in all situations. Our faith is not something we pull out when times get tough or when we don’t know what do to. No, we’re to “walk by faith, not by sight.” What we see, feel and hear can change, but God’s Word never does. Every moment of every day we need faith.
• When we wake up in the morning and ask the Lord to prioritize our day, we need faith.
• When we question how to respond to our spouses, we need faith.
• When we wonder how to parent each of our children, we need faith.
• When we drive to work, church or the grocery store, we need faith.
• When we interact with our co-workers, bosses, vendors and clients, we need faith.
• When we volunteer for an outreach at church, we need faith.
• When we reach out to a person in need, we need faith.
At no time does God want us to operate alone in our own strength. And why would we want to? We have access to the Holy Spirit to teach us, comfort us and guide us (John 14:26). We have the Word of God to teach, train and correct us (2 Timothy 3:16). God has equipped us to do what we need to do to live for Him. And we need faith every step of the way if we want to please Him (Hebrews 11:6).
Starting today, let us all commit to walk by faith every day, all day. Let’s spend time in God’s Word and in prayer as we listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Only He knows how and where He might use us.
Watch this Ministry Minute video by Terri Copeland Pearsons to learn more about what it means to live by faith.
Do you have an idea for a Ministry Minute teaching? Leave it in the comments below. Don’t miss a video from Kenneth Copeland Ministries! Subscribe to our YouTube channel here.
© 1997 – 2023 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. All Rights Reserved.